Welcome to the Australian Law Librarians' Association BLOG

This Blog is open to all members of ALLA and I invite you to discuss mattters relating to ALLA and to share your ideas with your colleagues.



Naish Peterson

National President, Australian Law Librarians' Association



17 June 2010

Working with contracts?

I don't know about everyone else, but every year I wrestle with the annual renewal of a variety of contracts, squinting my way through the terms & conditions (8 point font anyone??), and puzzling as to why it is still a regular struggle to settle the agreement. Luckily I have the assistance of our inhouse counsel. They are fabulous people who with much patience and support, help make sense of the legalese, point out what I should get clarified, changed or removed, and who put it all in a commercial perspective. I have been doing this for some years now, so I thought I would use the ALLA blog to share some of the things I have learned and to give everyone the opportunity to share their own insights and experiences. I look forward to hearing from everyone. In the meantime... Tip #1. Always read a contract with the view that most things are negotiable! Cheers Lianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers